Bilaxy, a Seychelles-based digital asset trading platform, previously reported on Aug.29 that some of its portfolios had been compromised. Although the exchange has not yet confirmed the amount stolen, some estimates suggest it could be around $ 450 million in various cryptocurrencies.
- Bilaxy’s official Telegram channel saw several updates today indicating that the platform has temporarily stopped its services due to maintenance.
- A few hours later, however, the exchange took him to Twitter to announce an “urgent Bilaxy infringement notice.”
- It reads that the company’s hot wallet has been compromised and advised customers to refrain from sending funds to their accounts.
⚠️⚠️ Urgent Hack Warning – Main Bilaxy
Please note that the Bilaxy Hot wallet has been hacked, please DO NOT send any more funds to your bilaxy accounts. We are running with time to check and repair. Please await further communications.
Thank you for your support.
– Bilaxy (@Bilaxy_exchange) August 29, 2021
- Since then, little or no information has been provided by the exchange, aside from brief updates on Telegram that the team is working on fixing the issue and that users shouldn’t worry.
- As of now, Bilaxy has failed to come up with the precise amount that the hackers were able to crawl. The website is still not operational at the time of writing these lines.
- There are already several addresses that have been linked to the hack, including this one which has been marked as such.
- From HogeFinance updated that all HOGE tokens stored on Bilaxy had already been downloaded and sent to another wallet. Those tokens are worth just under $ 22 million.
- Other estimates in Telegram indicate that the total amount stolen from the exchange is somewhere north of $ 400 million. However, there is still no official confirmation in this regard.
- CryptoPotato recently reported another similar case when Japanese exchange Liquid Global was the victim of a hack. The authors managed to steal around $ 80 million in digital assets.
Binance Futures 50 USDT FREE Voucher: Use this link to register and get a 10% discount on commissions and 50 USDT when trading 500 USDT (limited offer).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register and enter the POTATO50 code to get 50% free bonus on any deposit up to 1 BTC.